Ok Friends and Followers (of which I don't think there are any)--we're back. It's been what, over a year since our latest post?? And I know you must be asking yourself "Why are the Metzners" starting their blog again"? You have probably been losing sleep since our last post in 2010. Well, I don't really have an answer for you, other than why not? So, here's a recap of what's happened over the last 12 months.
1. We welcomed a beautiful new daughter, Finley Ashley, on July 31st. We love her to pieces and she looks just like her older sister. Like, as in twins born 2 years apart. The only way we can tell their hospital newborn pictures apart is by what we are wearing or what is in the background. Finley was a born a big baby, 8lbs, 3oz and 21 inches long. We are totally in love with her and feel truly blessed to have two healthy little girls. God has blessed us in so many ways and we are forever grateful.
2. So, you are probably asking yourself, what kind of baby is Finley like? Well, David and I like to joke that if we had Finley first, we might have only had 1 child. To say the least, it's been a tough 8 months, but we are at the light of the end of the tunnel. After countless bouts of thrush, reflux, which was diagnosed at 6 months, colic (which is a Dr. Mom diagnosis) clogged milk ducts, and mastitis, we are over the hump. However, despite all of this, we could not love her more and love watching our babies play and interact with each other. Nothing brings a brighter or bigger smile to Finley's face than her big sister. It's so much fun to watch.
3. Finley has mastered the art of sitting up and we know that crawling is not too far off. I don't think I'm ready to have 2 mobile children. Every time Ella pulls out a toy from her playroom, I ask myself if it's a choking hazard for Finley. Luckily, I think I've cleared out all the knives, scissors and other sharp objects so I think we are safe. I'm kidding, but I never know what a curious little 8 month old will try and put in her mouth. She also has 2 bottom teeth, but they came in a few weeks apart and she looks a little bit like a cute jack o lantern right now. I think it's the cutest thing ever. Ella is hilarious, sweet and so cute. She talks up a storm and will say just about anything. She LOVES her daddy, pink ice cream, craisins, our dogs, picking her nose, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, books, her little sister, music, the Green Bay Packers, and the park by our house. She LOVES her preschool and her teachers and friends in her class. She's also really good at stalling before nap time and bed time and telling us "2 more minutes" when we tell her it's bed time. She's becoming more independent which is bittersweet for us. She goes to the potty by herself sometimes and she loves to "brush" her own teeth and buckle the chest strap on her car seat. It's hard to imagine there was a point where she could not even hold up her head.
4. I am now a stay at home mom and have been since Finley was born. I definitely miss the social aspect of working because I worked with really great and funny people. But, I would not trade staying at home for anything. It's a lot of work, but I love and feel blessed to be able to do it. Thank you to my amazing husband for working so hard to support all 3 of your girls. We love you!
5. I will try and post some pictures over the past 8 months. But, given that it's taken more than 1 year to update this, pictures might be expecting too much.
Anyways, that's the update for now and I promise I will be back soon with more edge of your seat type stuff.