I don't really have anything specific to write about or devote to any one topic, so here's a list of random stuff that's happened over the last few weeks.
1. Tonight when Ella was saying her prayers, she said "God, thank you for Napoleon and thank you for keeping him safe so that he doesn't fall back down here to Georgia Atlanta. I love him and I miss him so much". Sweetest. Child. Ever.
2. The other night when she was trying to get everyone's attention and shockingly she wasn't getting it (even though grandparents were in the room), she said, "People, I'm running out of options here". She's at that age where the funniest things come out of her mouth. I love it and she makes us laugh every day.
3. Finley's favorite word is "no". She loves showing off her belly and she can say the following words: "mama, dada, nose, toes, bubble, apple, uh-oh, Otto, and pwease (for please)".
4. Last week was spring break and it was so fun! My parents were in town for several days and then DeeDee and Granddad finished out the week with us. The girls had lots of fun with them and we've spent this week in grandparent detox. My mom treated me and Ella to a pedicure one day and it was so fun! Ella wanted a flower on her toe and insisted that both my mom and I get one as well. DeeDee treated the girls to their precious Easter dresses last weekend so we can get their picture made with live bunnies this weekend. It should be interesting.
5. I have a Girls' Night Out tomorrow night. I'm beyond excited.
6. We gave up discretionary spending for Lent. I realize this is somewhat of a gray area and loosely defined, but I think David and I are on the same page about what that means. For an example, I was at Target a few weeks ago and I saw the cutest skirt. Pre Lent, the skirt would have been mine, but I exercised some restraint and didn't buy it. I was in Target the other day and noticed said skirt was in the maternity section. I still didn't get it. However, I still think I would have bought it Pre Lent and just made it work.
7. We signed Ella up for soccer and her first game is Sunday. I am beyond excited.
8. Stanley Update: He's doing well. We've discovered that he likes to dig. I'm glad he's cute and that he's great with the girls.
9. One of my best friends from college and her 2 kids spent the night with us earlier this week. It was so fun! We went to this indoor play house on Tuesday and then we got real brave and decided to take the kids to lunch. 3 moms and 6 kids. It was like a circus. Finley ended better than she started in that I thought we were going to have to get our food to go. Luckily, she was able to get it together.
10. Is the Hunger Games really that good? I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about it.